New 12mm f/1.4 Lens for Micro 4:3
Introducing the latest lens in Panasonic’s Micro 4:3 line. This 12mm LEICA DG with an f/1.4 maximum aperture was created for shooting landscapes in dynamic detail and resolution. It intricately renders each point of light with crisp clarity, making it ideal for capturing individual stars and tiny lights. The lens mount, barrel and hood are constructed of metal to provide a sophisticated, durable design to enhance the joy of photography for enthusiasts and professionals.
Sample images captured with various Panasonic Lumix Cameras and the new 12mm f/1.4
- Experience a Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera lens design with a significant reduction in size and weight of comparable DSLR 35mm lenses
- 12mm F1.4 LEICA SUMMILUX high-performance wide angle lens for group, event, and nature photography (24mm equivalent in 35mm terms)
- Indoor shooting in low lighting produces a natural defocusing effect with its f/1.4 high speed aperture
- Ideally suited for the outdoors with a splash and dustproof sealed body (When combined with splash and dustproof LUMIX G Mirrorless camera models)
- Suppresses “sagittal flare” that occurs in some ultra wide-angle lenses at wide-aperture settings
- Ultra Extra-Low Dispersion and Extra-Low Dispersion optics with stringent LEICA standards assure high image quality with high resolution and minimum distortion
- Compatible with 4K video capture
Arriving sometime in August 2016, the Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 will be $1299.99.