Sony A99 Successor Announced
Sony has announced the a99 Mark II, the successor to their Full Frame Translucent Mirror camera, the a99. The camera captures 42.4MP at up to 12fps with AE/AF tracking and 4K video and the focusing system sports the world’s first 79 hybrid AF cross-point array for unmatched AF tracking.
“With the α99 II, we’re delivering an industry-leading level of performance to A-mount owners and enthusiasts. Its powerful combination of speed and resolution is simply unmatched in today’s market.” – Neal Manowitz, Vice President of Digital Imaging at Sony Electronics.
Features at a glance:
- 42MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log3 Gamma
- S&Q Motion in Full HD from 1-120 fps
- 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- Hybrid Phase Detection AF System
- 5″ 2.36M-Dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 0″ 1,228.8k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- ISO 102400 and 12 fps Shooting with AF
- Built-In Wi-Fi & NFC; 14-Bit Raw Output
The a99 Mark II camera is available for pre-order, and is due to arrive November 30, 2016. The price is $3199.99